Why feeling good is the most important thing, part 1/3 about Happiness
This is the first part of three in a series of posts about Happiness.
If you are happy instead of miserable you will be healthier, less stressed, live longer, have more close friends, more likely be in a loving marriage, be more generous and helpful, more lucky, more successful and have a higher chance to increase your income- all this according to a lot of studies and you will of course have so much more fun. Wouldn’t that be absolutely fantastic?
As if that wasn´t enough as an incentive to be happy you will have something that will affect your life even more than that. What can that possible be?
You will be in charge of your life! Opportunities, events and gifts you want will line up one more amazing than the other. Law of Attraction will bring you wonderful things that are in the same high vibration as you. This is yet another motivation to feel epic constantly.
But we take it from the beginning…
What is feeling good? What does it mean to be happy?
- According to Wikipedia: “Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness
- It´s our deepest desire. That´s what everything is all about. Everybody wants to be happy. In all our cravings and fears the thing we truly want is to feel good. That´s why we do every effort. It´s the underlying purpose of everything we do. So if you already are feeling happy you don´t have to do all these other things. You took a shortcut by being happy already.
- From Law of Attraction´s point of view it means that you are a vibrational match to your higher self/your soul/the Universe which is only love and absolute joy. A post about the basics of Law of Attraction.
- For Law of Attraction success is feeling happy. So as long as you feel happy you don´t have to do anything else. You are already successful! Good, huh? I´m sure you WANT to experience so much more - I do. But we don´t HAVE to do more than that to keep Law of Attraction in a good mood. As long as we are happy LOA (Law of Attraction) is too. I know I´m making it easy here. Law of Attraction isn´t a person. It´s a force. But it gets easier to understand if we simplifies it a bit. Don´t you think?
So when LoA is happy because you are happy it starts to give you a lot of other amazing gifts and experiences that also makes you feel happy and you continue to be in that high vibration and epic feeling. Like attracts like. You are like a magnet that attracts what you are focusing on vibrationaly=your thoughts and emotions attracts more things in the same vibration. (Positive things have high vibration and negative things have low vibration)
There has been a lot of research on happiness. One of the researchers is Sonja Lyubomirsky. Here is a quote from Wikipedia about her:
“Sonja Lyubomirsky is a professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of California, Riverside and author of the bestseller The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want, a book of strategies backed by scientific research that can be used to increase happiness.”
According to Sonja Lyubomirsky and her co-researchers those who are extroverted, emotionally stable and dutiful from birth tend to be happier. The team wanted to research if you can become happier by acting similar to those born with such personality traits.
In her experiments, she shows that the hereditary character can be influenced to get a happy life. Most of it has to do with three key concepts: kindness, gratitude and optimism.
- The different strategies all increase the amount of positive emotions. These emotions together is what creates happiness, Sonja Lyubomirsky indicates in her work.
Therefore, the answer to be happy is not the intense euphoria at a great adventure. A better strategy is to capture the small moments of pleasure in everyday life, to show kindness to others, and to appreciate what you have.
Positive emotions result in an upward spiral thanks to Law of Attraction. When you feel happy, you feel more often more confident, optimistic, and energetic. It also makes you more popular and liked by others.
Here are some advice taken from "The how of Happiness" by Sonja Lyubomirsky:
- Express gratitude.
- Cultivate optimism.
- Do nice things for others.
- Nurture social relations.
- Develop strategies to deal with difficulties.
- Learn to forgive.
- Enjoy the joys life.
- Strive to achieve your goals.
- Practicing religion and spirituality.
- Take care of your body.
If you want you can take her free online course here, I can really recommend it: https://www.thebigknow.com/course/be-happy/session/be-happy
Emotional Guidance System
Did you know that our feelings are our higher self’s way to tell us if we are on the right path or not? It´s like one of these games for children- “Hot and cold”. Do you remember? Someone hides an object and then someone else looks for it and the “hider” is telling warmer if the “seeker” gets closer and colder if the “seeker” move away from the object.
This is the way our higher self communicates with us. It´s like a feedback mechanism to tell us whether we are taking the right actions or thinking aligned thoughts, if we are on course or off course. Our inner being/higher self/soul knows what´s right for us and is giving us a clue about what´s right and not.
If you think a thought that is true, one that is in alignment with your inner being/higher self/soul /the Universe/Source/God/whatever you want to call it you feel good or even great. If you on the other hand is thinking something that´s not true and not in alignment you will feel bad.
When we turn it around it´s like this- the better you feel the more aligned you are with your higher self/Universe/Source and what you want. The worse you feel the more out of alignment you are.
To know what´s right for you, the only thing you need to do is listen to your feelings. They´ll tell you if your actions or thoughts are in harmony with your desires. They are messages from your higher self- not just feelings.
When you experience destructive feelings, it´s a proof that you are doing something that´s taking you away from what you wish for. Destructive and negative feelings are a reason to do things in another way. Whether you need to change your thoughts or your actions something requires to be done to avoid your emotions to continue feeling bad.
Analyze your thoughts and actions and discover what it was that made you feel those negative emotions. Consider what you can think or do instead so that you´ll have positive emotions again. Suffering should be seen as a reminder that you are out of alignment. You then need to correct your direction.
Whenever you feel positive emotions about something, it´s a proof that you are doing the proper thing. So keep on doing it and don´t let things as concern, anxiousness or doubting yourself come in the way.
Let your positive feelings lead you to take the right action at the right time. You just have to listen. I know, it´s not always that easy but if you do you will have absolutely fantastic guidance! When your Emotional Guidance System works well it tells you which people, places and situations are positive and supportive and which ones you should avoid.
Why Feeling good is the highest
When you are happy:
- you are more likely to get those things I wrote about in the beginning like good health, less stress, longer life, more close friends, loving marriage, more luck, more success, higher income and you will of course have so much more fun.
- you fulfill your deepest desire which is to be just that- HAPPY. That´s what we all want, isn´t it?
- you are listening to what´s right for you. Your feelings is communication and guidance from your higher self and Universe/Source.
- there are no negative feelings that twist your interpretations because you are in harmony with your higher self and Universe/Source.
- your mind is open and you see the opportunities and the “open doors” that the Universe gives you.
- you don´t stand in your own way but is open to receive the gifts Universe brings you.
- you are having a marvelous momentum going. Everything gets better and better and better. Universe brings you more and more fabulous gifts, opportunities and answers to your dreams.
- you will have much more power over your life because of all of this abow.
In this post you´ve got a lot of wonderful examples of what can happen when you are feeling happy. Do you see now how important it is for you to feel good and be happy? I would say that it´s the most important task we have in life.
Not to forget that when we are feeling happy we radiate happiness to those around us, our family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and all other people we meet. Through our own happiness, we are actually giving something to other people too and enabling them to feel happy as well. And we have so much more to give to others when we are in a good mood and I think that is one of the most meaningful missions we can have.
Be happy and fabulous things will happen!
What do you think of this reasoning? Do you agree with me or do you have a completely different view? Do you think I´m making a mountain out of a molehill? Leave a comment below. I love discussions.
This was the first part of three in a series about Happiness. Here you´ll find the second part which will be about how to start feeling good if you aren´t already.
Love to you!
P.S. I had some incredible days with fantastic things happening all day long. If you are curious I´ll tell you about some of them here.